The best moment – the first goal away to Milan, which shows that Fabregas is not only a genius but is able to take control of the match. Not only the best moment because of what it signified there and then but also because it showed a side of Cesc that can only grow.
Runner-up: – the final goal against Tottenham at WHL – a magnificent shot which just left the Tiny Totts fans standing there thinking “why can’t we do that”
The Worst Moment: the anti-semitic chanting at the Barnet friendly right at the start of the season. It was good to see our own supporters take a stand against this and tell the neo-Nazis who should be supporting Chelsea where to get off. The fight was unfortunate, but in the end Nazis have to be dealt with.
Runner-up worst moment: not the attack on Eduardo itself but the was in which Birmingham reacted to FIFAs enquiry into whether there was a case for a player getting a longer spell out of the game when his tackle has such an effect.
Some recent articles
- 18/05/2008: Everyone is saying we’ve signed Nasri
- 18/05/2008: Flamini out of Champs League 08/09
- 18/05/2008: Colorado Arsenal top US league
- 18/05/2008: France misses out on Clichy
- 18/05/2008: Untold Arsenal Awards 07/08: Management
- Beyond any doubt Infantino is getting his way. Next: Fifa will leave Zurich
- World Cup chaos: the bits you may have missed
- Fifa establish their unchallengable right to change football rules as they go
- Extraordinary report claims Arsenals’ FA Cup win was not a major trophy!
- 2022/23 Women’s Champions League Juventus v Arsenal – match preview