I’m using the word “new” in the journalistic sense – that is it could mean anything you want. So I include people who have been Arsenal for a while, but out on loan, or waiting to be the right age to sign professional.
The list falls into two parts. First the relatively unknowns
- Gilles Sunu, all action centre forward
- Luke Freeman, striker, English
- Aaron Ramsey, midfielder, played in Cup Final, Welsh
- Carlos Vela, currently scoring for Mexico, “just like Eduardo”
- Fran Merida. technical centre or left sided midfield
- Havard Nordtveit – 18 year old centre back
- Jack Wilshere – midfield – joined Arsenal age 9
- Mark Randall- midfield, played in last game of the season.
And now the list of players who will seem new, simply because they were out of action for so long.
- Robin van Persie
- Tomas Rosicky
Any of them coming back will be wonderful – two would be terrific, and all three would be magical.
And finally, the players who are there who might suddenly come good just as Flamini did last year…
- Denilson – he has all the ability – just seems to need a few more games
- Alex Song – turned into an assured central defender – could he also be the new Flamini?
- Diaby – before Sunderland attempted to dismember him he looked like Vieira mark II.
That gives us a totally new team – and we haven’t started yet. OK some youngsters are still too young – but I have never ever never ever seen a list like this before the transfer window comes along.
Any other suggestions?
- What the media doesn’t tell you, part 6. There’s a financial problem…
- The Big 7 clubs, how much they spent and what good is it doing?
- What the media won’t tell you about football 5: Fifa lends money to Switzerland
- What the media won’t tell you about football, part 4 – referee variations
- The final transfer rumours: 3 new names to make 66 players tipped for Arsenal