Arsenal Ladies smashed Chelsea Ladies 4-0 away in the FA Cup semi-final and will play their old rivals Everton in May’s FA Women’s Cup final.
Three goals in the last 11 minutes of the first got matters sorted. This will now be Arsenal’s 11th Final.
What’s more Kim Little scored a goal which means she now has an amazing total of 34 this season. The other goals were from Julie Fleeting, Faye White (captain of England) and Jayne Ludlow (captain of Wales).
While Arsenal are only fourth in the Premier League’s final season (before it is wound up and becomes the Super League in 2011) they have so many games in hand, that it looks to be only a matter of time before they push the other teams aside and take over the top of the league again.
As noted in the previous article on Arsenal Ladies, the club will be one of eight founder members of the Super League, which will play through the summer of 2011.
- How much have Arsenal’s rivals spent on transfers in recent years?
- Why is it becoming so difficult to find a sponsor for new football stadium?
- Corruption flares up again in Italy, as Premier League figures don’t look too clever
- How much does a club have to spend on transfers to get a trophy?
- Does the team that is top after 14 games usually go on to win the league?