By Walter Broeckx
In this article we have put links to several video clips. I hope they work. If your internet connection isn’t the fastest you can click on the link and then download them on your computer and then play them with a media player. They are .avi clips so should work with windows media player and I then got a good resolution and good quality.
This is not the official review of the referee but I thought it might be interesting to see how the predictions from our ref previewer came out on the field. From the preview:
1. The man makes Dean look an Arsenal Supporter : CORRECT
A fine example is early in the game. You can download the little .avi clip and play it if you like.
I hope you did look at the clip. If you did look at it you will see that Alexis gets tackled and to his complete amazement Taylor gives a foul against him. Can anyone tell me what Alexis did wrong there? Absolutely f*cking nothing. He is fouled and yet Taylor somehow gives a foul against him. I don’t think even Dean would have dared to go that far to be honest. So our previewer was spot on in his predictions.
2. His bias figures against Arsenal are enormous – he shouldn’t be allowed within a hundred miles of an Arsenal game. : CORRECT
In the clip below you can see that even a ball on the chest of an Arsenal players is being judged as a handball. You can follow the same procedure as with the clip above to view it.
The ball clearly bounces of his chest and doesn’t even come near to his arm. Yet Taylor stops the Arsenal attack. Probably his hair fell in front of his eyes and he was blinded.
3. He doesn’t seem to know what should be a yellow or red card offence and penalty decisions are a lottery except if you are Arsenal, when you know you aren’t going to get one. CORRECT ON THE YELLOW CARDS AND PENALTY
Look at this first judo attack from Crouch on Chambers. Surely this is at least a yellow and could even be given a red card. When a player starts practising Judo on the football field the only card is in fact a red one.
Let us smack a player in the face then. A clear smack with the fore arm in the face of Chambers. Again no card. This is at least a yellow and if the arm is really swung towards the face a red card.
And that Taylor knows this can be seen here when he finally gives Crouch a yellow card for another smack with the forearm in the face of an Arsenal player. Look at this and see how amusing Crouch thinks it is.
And on the penalty decision it was the assistant who signalled it so again this was a correct prediction but Taylor will be happy with it now as it will cover up his tracks.
4.Against a physical side (which Stoke have been over the past few years) I fear that Arsenal are at risk of getting another serious injury : SO FAR NOT CORRECT AS WE HAVEN’ T HEARD OR ANY INJURIES BUT THAT IS DOWN TO LUCK. Chambers and Mertesacker could have had a broken nose from the forearm of Crouch. And Alexis could have had a serious neck injury but more about that later on.
5. Stoke players are certain to get the benefit of every possible call. : CORRECT
Look at the clip 1 and the ones you have seen before.
6. Arsenal players will be carded for the most petty of offences and are likely to be sent off for nothing. : MORE THAN CORRECT!
Let us look at the first yellow card of Chambers. This is it. You clearly see Crouch holding an arm around Chambers himself, so both players committing the same offence. I can even accept that he gives a foul in favour of Crouch but a yellow card…. compare this with the judo wrestling from Crouch in the first half that went unpunished and with the two smacks of the forearm of Crouch. This is completely bullshit from the ref.
Now let us look at the second offence from Chambers. A little pull in midfield with a player going to the sideline. He wasn’t attacking really the goal of Arsenal and this wasn’t a promising attack. It wasn’t that Chambers was hanging on him for several meters. Just a little pull back like they happen 10 times in a match. But here you have it. Enough for Taylor to give a second yellow card.
Let me point at the match against Aston Villa last season. The same modus operandi on that day. Then it was Koscielny who was sent off for nothing. Just as now Chambers two yellow cards for nothing.
In fact I think Taylor was suddenly afraid that Arsenal might get something out of the match and just as against Aston Villa he decided to act and send an Arsenal player off to kill of our chances of making a come back
7. His overall competence numbers are far below acceptable and it beggars belief that he has been given FIFA accreditation. : CORRECT ONCE AGAIN.
As an example I could give the third Stoke goal. A push on a defender. With both arms in the back of Oxlade Chamberlain by Shawcross. Surely a Fifa ref should be able to spot that.
8. The last three Stoke home games he has refereed have all ended up as away wins so that might be a crumb of comfort for Arsenal fans. On the other hand Stoke fans will think they are owed a win. : CORRECT. HE HATES ARSENAL SO MUCH THAT HE WILL EVEN LET STOKE GET AWAY WITH ALL THEY DID
As Crouch did judo and got away with it then I can do cage fighting and get away with it must have gone through the head of Adams. This can cause serious injury. You can have a whiplash injury from such an act of violence. And an act of violence it was.
This has nothing to do with football. This is the act of a man who knows the ref is in their pocket and they can do all they want and get away with it. Such aggression doesn’t belong on a football field and should be punished with a red card.
Of course the media ignore it. Of course the PGMO will ignore it. Of course the FA will ignore it.
But Mr. Taylor, we will not forget this. This is for the second time that you made a complete and blatant mess of an Arsenal game and cost us points. I hope the PGMO has the decency (I know, I know) to never allow you do to an Arsenal game ever again.
You have endangered several of our players only luck prevented a serious injury. You are not worthy to be called a referee. And how on earth did the PGMO offer you a Fifa badge….oh that’s right. I think I get the picture….
And then still doubt our previews….. shame on you.
Coming up next, the evidence that shows that all is not right with PGMO
The Christmas books
- Woolwich Arsenal: The club that changed football – Arsenal’s early years
- Making the Arsenal – how the modern Arsenal was born in 1910
- The Crowd at Woolwich Arsenal
Some other sites from the Untold team (there is a full list on the home page)
- The Arsenal History Society
- UK Education News – the rolling news service
- Dyscalculia on line test and support
- The Direct Marketing blog: direct mail, email, websites, blogs
- The Secret Nurse : what is really going wrong with the NHS?
- Untold Dylan – the music, the lyrics, the meaning of Bob Dylan’s songs.
- Uefa increasing looking weak as European clubs propose completely new approach
- The Premier League action against Man City brings Super League ever closer
- What Europe knows about Man C but the English press haven’t told you
- Arsenal v Manchester City Women’s Continental League Cup semi-final – match preview
- How Man City’s problems began to arise…. nine years ago