Dear Santa – My Arsenal Wish List
By Andrew Crawshaw
1. A new Centre Back, preferably with proven Premier League Experience – to provide support to Per and Kos and to enable Chambers to grow into the role gradually. Must be a battler and not prone to rushes of blood to the head.
2. A ready made defensive midfielder to take over from Arteta, probably not the mythical “beast of a player” who would get sent off every game.
He does need to be a sound passer of the ball, be positionally aware and able to direct play from deep. I also think that for the PL he needs to be a size bigger than Jack.
Arteta is suffering injuries far too often, some are now probably age related. I believe that his future is probably in a coaching/managerial role and I would like to see him able to pursue that within Arsenal initially at least whilst still there to provide backup as a senior player.
3. Better and non-biased referees – enough said.
I could have put this in all places but in all honesty without the ability to place a bomb at their offices during their weekly anti-arsenal meeting, I don’t think this one is ever likely to happen. We will just have to win as many games as possible despite those thieving b……s.
4. Per to get his ‘Mojo’ back he is currently looking lost and has struggled as much this season as he did when he first joined us. He is not the only player in this position but is for me the saddest.
5. Our top players back from and to remain injury free for the second half of the season.
6. I believe that Arsene is coming towards the end of his tenure as Arsenal Manager. The Club need to have a clear cut plan as to how the management needs to evolve to facilitate the inevitable change in the best possible way for the club to progress.
It is unlikely that a new manager will possess the same skill set as Arsene and areas of his responsibility will need to be handed over to others. Some of those changes would probably be better made sooner rather than later.
7. A mystery gift from the Club to all supporters to help raise our spirits post Christmas, perhaps a new player when the transfer window opens?
I’m sure you will all have your own views on other things to be added.
The Christmas books
- Woolwich Arsenal: The club that changed football – Arsenal’s early years
- Making the Arsenal – how the modern Arsenal was born in 1910
- The Crowd at Woolwich Arsenal
Some other sites from the Untold team (there is a full list on the home page)
- The Arsenal History Society
- UK Education News – the rolling news service
- Dyscalculia on line test and support
- The Direct Marketing blog: direct mail, email, websites, blogs
- The Secret Nurse : what is really going wrong with the NHS?
- Untold Dylan – the music, the lyrics, the meaning of Bob Dylan’s songs.
- Over half of the 92 league clubs have gone into administration this century. What next?
- Does spending on transfers automatically bring success? Arsenal compared to the rest.
- Manchester City v Arsenal: the team and the FA Cup
- Has Arsenal now caught up with Manchester City?
- Manchester City v Arsenal: the referee and the FA Cup