By Sir Hardly Anyone
It is as if someone in football has read my name and instead of seeing it as, well, not to put too fine a point on it, my name, they have taken it as what they should be doing in terms of signing players. And in fact in the past week they have signed hardly anyone.
Indeed in recent days the top 10 clubs from last seasons Premier League have between them signed just one player. Previously if six leaves blew along the street outside the a training ground they were immediately given a piece of paper, told to sign and promised that they would be a part of a new deciduous forest that would spring up on the spot in late August.
At the moment all we are getting is the recycling of managerial wishes such as “Everton boss Koeman wants three more signings: Giroud and Sigurdsson among them”. Mind you that was in the Daily Excess which had next to it the headline, and you will forgive me if I give a little prominence to this one…
EXCLUSIVE: ‘Dead alien baby and pregnant mother found inside tomb in Peru’
The price for Begovic was wrongly written as £30m and has been changed to £10m. Sorry about that.
|Arsenal (2)||Alexandre Lacazett||Lyon||July||£46m||£46m|
|Sead Kolasinac||Schalke||June||End of contract|
|Chelsea (5)||Antonio Rüdiger||Roma||June||£29m||£126.7m|
|Álvaro Morata||Real Mad||July||£58m|
|Man City (6)||Benjamin Mendy||Monaco||July||£52m||£217m|
|Douglas Luiz||Vasco de Gama||July||£10m|
|Man U (2)||Victor Lindelof||Benfica||June||£31m||£106m|
|Liverpool (3)||Andrew Robertson||Hull||July||£8m||£44.9|
|Everton (10)||Cuco Martina||Southampton||July||Released||£58.7|
|Nathangelo Markelo||FC Volendam||June||Unknown|
|Wayne Rooney||Man U||July||Free?|
|Southampton (1)||Jan Bednarek||Lech Poznan||July||£5.7m||£5.7m|
|Bournemouth (4)||Asmir Begovic||Chelsea||May||£10m||£30m|
|West Brom (4)||Ahmed Hegazi||Al Ahly||July||Loan||£12m|
|Yuning Zhang||Vitesse Arnhem||July||Undisclosed|
|Ben Pierce||Free Agent||July||Free|
Everton still way in front with 10, Manchester City with 6, Chelsea 5, and at the foot of the table Southampton stuck on 1 and Tottenham resolutely on zero.
- Borehamwood v Arsenal – Thursday 27 July pre-season friendly preview
- Fans are being duped day after day. What they discuss in Europe but never in the UK.
- How Uefa is being directly challenged by PSG and Qatar, and what might happen next.
- Does Arsenal really have a mega injury crisis ahead of Tottenham game?
- 2022-23 Womens Champions League – Ajax v Arsenal (second leg
- The stupidest thing said about Arsenal this week
- WSL North London Derby – reflections on the game at the Emirates
- Arsenal have not got the youngest team in the PL. Or have they?