by Tony Attwood
As we have seen of late, English journalists don’t have a clue what is going on in football. As a result they make things up. They could do some research, but they don’t. Instead they just read what each other writes, take that as the normal, and write some more about that.
Then, eventually, after Untold Arsenal and a few other websites, point out how far they are from reality, they sometimes pick up our point, and just carry on as if they were there all the time.
So it finally came to pass that after ignoring the fact that Elneny played in a pre-season friendly and the Community Shield match, the word has come out.
Although perhaps it was suitable that he shouldn’t be talked about, because his new approach to the concept of the “invisible wall” made him, well, sort of, invisible. At least invisible to journalists in between their drinks. (Although I watched the Fulham game in the pub with a pint and I still saw him).
Anyway, finally he has been found with this snippet from the Guardian. Rather late in the day, but at least they got there in the end.
“Elneny looks ready for top flight”
- Womens Champions League Arsenal Women v Juventus – the match preview
- It never rains but the journalists want Arsenal to drown in a mess of their own making
- Back to the football: Watford video and Arsenal v Lyon 8 December preview
- The 40 players coming to Arsenal and the 6 most predicted for this January
- Gabriel injury: why no replacement is needed