By Ref Reviewer 02
Ref for the game Liverpool – Wolverhampton was Mr. Friend.
I have reviewed a few Liverpool games this season, including all games at Anfield. I have been very disappointed with the atmosphere at all those Anfield games, I expected something much more like Stoke, and it could not be more different. The highly charged Anfield atmosphere seems to be reserved for big Champions league games, or games V Man Utd. Anfield was flat, the crowd was restless and Wolves were the very unlucky not to leave with something. did the ref play a part?
|4||Yellow||Ohara||C||Feet dangerously high||1||2|
|10||Foul||Carroll||Johnson||N/C||Ref misses as Carroll leads with arm, flooring Johnson in the box without getting near the ball||0||0|
|10||Goal||N/C||Foul by Johnson leads to a Liverpool goal as wolves loose their shape||0||0|
|32||Foul||Henry||Skrtel||C||I am giving the ref the benefit of the doubt here, did not look like a foul to me||1||1|
|32||Yellow||Henry||N/C||I was not sure about the foul but, I am it was never a caution||0||0|
|34||Yellow||Lucas||C||Using the Henry caution as yardstick, this was a certain yellow||1||2|
|35||Yellow||Carroll||N/C||Carroll makes a pathetic attempt at simulation, should have been a caution||0||0|
|37||Offside||C||Again against Liverpool||1||1|
|38||Goal||Suarez||C||The little man shows his quality||1||3|
|41||Yellow||Hunt||C||again using the Henry yardstick, this was a yellow||1||2|
|49||Goal||C||Liverpool all at sea as Fletcher scores||1||3|
|56||Yellow||Carroll||C||Carroll gives the ref no option||1||2|
|60||Foul||Skrtel||Fletcher||N/C||From 3 yards away and with a good view the ref fails to see studs at chest level||0||0|
|60||Yellow||Skrtel||N/C||Even LTV agreed that this was an easy caution for the ref, but he missed it||0||0|
|75||Yellow||Kelly||C||An easy one in this game||1||2|
|86||Foul||Ohara||Enrique||C||I was not sure but I give the ref the benefit of the doubt||1||1|
|89||Handball||Ohara||C||Camera angle was poor, refs was behind the player, assistant was on the other side, but again a wolves attack is broken up by the ref and again I have to give him the benefit of the doubt||1||1|
|91||Foul||Ward||Gerrard||N/C||Gerrard ran across Ward and dived to the floor||0||0|
|91||Yellow||Gerrard||N/C||Simulation is a cautionable offence so Stevie G should have received a yellow card||0||0|
|2nd half score|
|Correct calls||For Liverpool||14||41,18%|
|Total correct calls||34|
The referee had a great view of the Carroll challenge for the first goal, I was surprised he did not blow for the foul.
I was also surprised to see Henry booked for his first foul, which was innocuous and right in front of him, as was the Hunt foul, again his first of the game and both in the first half.
The referee was waving cards everywhere in a game which there was only one bad challenge, Skrtel right in front of the ref, and he waved play on as Wolves lost possession.
Every single contentious decision went the Liverpool way, it saddened me. In the aftermath of Dalglish meeting Riley to discuss bias against Liverpool, were there dark forces at work. We will probably never know but having watched the game twice, and re wound many moments, It was not a good day at the office for K Friend. And Liverpool were the beneficiaries.
Important notice: All referee reviews on Untold Arsenal are written on the basis of television coverage. It should be noted that from time to time some TV channels choose not to show an incident involving the referee (preferring for example to show a replay instead). This can lead to our reviewer missing something that would have been spotted by the crowd. We’re sorry this happens, but really can’t find any way around this at present.
If you would like to join the panel of referee critics that contribute to Untold Arsenal, please email Walterbroeckx@hotmail.com
- UNTOLD ECONOMICS: Arsenal has opened Pandora’s Box
- UNTOLD HISTORY: Ex player Remi Garde is flying at Lyon
- UNTOLD REF REVIEW: Arsenal 2 Olympiacos 1
- UNTOLD MATCH REVIEWS: Is this Arsenal’s best start to the season ever?
- UNTOLD INJURIES: Gameweek 6
- UNTOLD REFEREES: Fulham 2 Man C 2.
- UNTOLD CORRUPTION: Another arrest, and it just makes you wonder…
- UNTOLD HISTORY: When Arsenal changed the laws of the game
- UNTOLD GAMES: Arsenal/Olympiakos everyone is injured or on strike.
Untold Arsenal – the (fairly) complete index
- Untold History…Untold Media … Untold Ref Reviews …
- Untold Economics … Untold Corruption … Untold Wenger …
- Untold News … Untold Fifa … Untold Players … Untold Injuries
- Untold Statistics … Untold Tactics … Untold 2011/2 …
- Untold match reviews … Untold fans …
- Untold Stadia … Untold Literature …
- Untold humour …Arsenal History Society … “Making the Arsenal” …
- Untold Emirates … Arsenal Independent Supporters Association
- What Europe knows about Man C but the English press haven’t told you
- Arsenal v Manchester City Women’s Continental League Cup semi-final – match preview
- How Man City’s problems began to arise…. nine years ago
- The media pile into Manchester City, but where have they been all this time?
- Manchester City accused of over 100 breaches of Premier League financial rules