By Sirs Hardly Anyone
Before today we already had nine players and a manager (well the manager) who were all ready willing and able to quit Arsenal for pastures new if not pastures greener, at least according to “reports”.
But now the bloggettas and journalists are getting themselves into a right lather – and when they do that, you know we must be on the right track. Yep, two wins and a super goal scored, and you can be sure they will be doing everything they can to knock Arsenal back.
Of course it might all just be to cover the fact that Iwobi at 20 years old made a decent fist of playing in Ozil’s position. That must be rather annoying for all the people who claim that the only way to bring in great players is to buy them.
Or maybe it is the fact that we are not going to be particularly upset by the Africa Cup of Nations this year. We lose Elneny, and that’s it. True I’d sooner have him in the squad, but compared with the disasters affecting some clubs, that is not bad.
So now we have got everyone turning on Arsenal.
- “Giroud’s goal not in Premier League’s top 20 – Rooney, Henry and Alli have managed better”.
I mean, who really cares? Being there to watch it happen was a great thing to remember, so does it really matter if by some ill-defined set of rules which no one knew about until after the event, it didn’t have quite the amount of skill, pizzazz, razzmatazz or origami as someone else’s goal?
Or how about
- “Fuming Wenger ready to sell Arsenal defender after huge bust-up,”
in the Metro. The boss, we are told, is going to kick Mathieu Debuchy out because he has had a “bust up” with Arsene Wenger, having suggested in a French newspaper that Arsenal blocked his departure for Manchester United in January 2016.
The funny thing about this story is that it is argued that as a result of what Debuchy allegedly said, Mr Wenger is so annoyed, he is going to let Debuchy go. Or put another way, he is going to give Debuchy what he wants because Debuchy behaved badly.
And so it goes on with
- “Tottenham star makes huge claim ahead of Chelsea clash… And Arsenal fans won’t like this”
- Tottenham vs Chelsea now as big as the North London Derby against Arsenal, says…”
- “Tottenham star says Arsenal aren’t even Spurs’ biggest rivals .
- “Arsenal have lost the race to sign Wolfsburg pair Gian-Luca Itter and Davide-Jerome Itter,” according to Kicker.
But forget any thoughts that we have got away with holding onto at least one player. Because
- “Reports are claiming that Manchester City are interested in signing Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain next month.”
And he “will enter into the final 18 months of his Arsenal contract” this month, because Arsenal once again have been too lackadaisical and can’t get themselves sorted. The Sun is claiming that the Daily Star is claiming that some newspaper in the Falkland Islands suggests Manchester City are “looking to take advantage of the uncertainty.”
But we are going to sign someone, according to the make believe world of the fantasy experts. Because
- “Arsenal have made enquiries about bringing Sevilla midfielder Steven N’Zonzi to the Emirates, according to a report. The Express claim Arsenal are thinking of joining the race for N’Zonzi’s signature, but face competition for the former Stoke star from their Premier League rivals.”
But let’s have a bit of good news. The massively expert Daily Excess also says today that “Arsenal have been handed hope that Alexis Sanchez will sign a new deal after he insisted he is ‘really happy’ and ‘comfortable’ at the north London club.
- Arsenal and Leicester have sent scouts to watch Oghenekaro Etebo
But Leicester could beat us to it according to the all seeing Sun who say, “The Premier League duo reportedly sent scouts to watch the 21-year-old in action for Portuguese side Feirense against Porto on Thursday.
“He picked up African Football’s Most Promising Talent award in 2015 and shone for Nigeria last summer at the Rio Olympics
OK that is enough. Here’s an update on the Leavers List – yes just like last summer we are falling apart and will hardly be able to put a team together come February.
|1||Chuba Akpom||Arsenal||Striker||Ipswich fancy buying him||Could be a loan|
|2||Daniel Crowley||Arsenal||Go Ahead Eagles||Has gone on loan|
|3||Mathieu Debuchy||Arsenal||Defender||“Arsenal are increasingly anxious to sell him”||Now Mr W just wants him out|
|4||Kieran Gibbs||Arsenal||Full back||Crystal Palace want him|
|5||Olivier Giroud||Arsenal||Centre forward||New contract on offer|
|6||Rob Holding||Arsenal||Defender||Loan to Aston Villa for rest of the season.|
|7||Carl Jenkinson||Arsenal||Defender||Third loan spell to increasingly desperate West Ham.|
|8||David Ospina||Arsenal||Sunderland||“He has only made five starts this season”|
|9||The Ox||Arsenal||Midfield||Liverpool don’t want him. Man C do.|
|10||Mesut Özil||Arsenal||Midfield||Likely to leave||Likely to stay|
|11||Alexis Sanchez||Arsenal||Forward||Has signed turned down £9m a year to go to China.||He is going to Man City. Or Juentus|
|12||Jack Wilshere||Arsenal||Midfield||Arsenal have failed to open any negotiations with him re new contract||Shock horror|
|13||Arsene Wenger||Arsenal||Manager||PSG want him and will pay him £10m a year.|
- Arsenal v Tottenham update, team news and appalling, flagrant media bias
- Arsenal have benefitted by the world cup break: allegedly.
- Arsenal and Tottenham: which has had the easier ride so far this season?
- Arsenal v Tottenham: not exactly a battle of equals.
- Death by 300,000 passes: how the Arsenal transformation started 2 seasons ago.