By Dr Billy “the dog” McGraw, chief psychologist to the journalist community, at the University College Hospital of the North Circular Road.
1, Disgruntled fans is still a story
“‘Are you serious?’ Some fans cannot believe what Arsenal are reportedly planning”
2. Disgruntled fans will say anything
There must be a special place in the wastelands for disgruntled fans – after all, there can’t be much in their lives that if being disgruntled is their main activity. Take for example
3. It’s never the fault of the fans
“Leno’s comments shine a light on Emery and those higher up” claims Arseblog in a piece that seems to suggest that although Emery was no good, it wasn’t the fault of the fans who demanded Wenger’s departure.
Although without the fans I am not sure that Mr Wenger would have gone one year before the end of his contract. Mind you I did spot at least one article blaming Mr Wenger for leaving a year early, when if only he had stayed on another year, the big payout for early departures of himself and his coaching team, would have been avoided.
In fact it seems nothing is ever the fans’ fault. So we must be customers after all.
4: Not all transfers work
“Lallana is a player I like but he has had so many injury problems,” Winterburn told The Metro, according to a piece in the Metro. While HITC has “Careful’: Arsenal legend issues warning over player linked with Spurs.
And if that message gets across that will be a big step forward. As things stand the general feeling seems to be that all transfers should work, and if they don’t it is the fault of the directors for bringing in the wrong player. But the reality is that all clubs have transfers that don’t work.
5. Huddersfield Town and Arsenal fans gush over Emile Smith Rowe after award
“The playmaker won a vote to be named Championship Player of the Weekend after his goal and assist in the defeat to Fulham,” says the Examiner, and yes, of course, a much better way forward is to bring through your own young players.
But that’s not really news, not when we have…
6. Mikel Arteta made a massive gamble in the transfer window that could cost Arsenal dearly
He didn’t buy anyone.
7. Mikel Arteta hints at when Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares could be fit to play for Arsenal
“The new players that we have, it is a great opportunity for them to spend time together with the other players, get to know each other, live together – the same with the backroom staff as well. I think it will be a very important break.”
8. 4m loanee drops hint about joining Arsenal this summer
9. Arsenal fans notice major change to Gabriel Martinelli during warm-weather training camp
e fan said Martinelli looked like he’d spent time in the gym.
10. Triple injury boost
I will let FoLo round up the gibberish, with the tale that “Kieran Tierney, Sead Kolasinac and Reiss Nelson all took part in the training session and some fans are speculating that the Scotland international is way ahead of schedule.”
Tomorrow: How us fans are being weaponised to make cheap stories for the media to tell.
- The stupidest thing said about Arsenal this week
- WSL North London Derby – reflections on the game at the Emirates
- Arsenal have not got the youngest team in the PL. Or have they?
- Arsenal are the most fouled team in the Premier League. Why?
- Partey setback, AFC man hauled off, new C Ronaldo signing, Arteta desperate