“Making the Arsenal” – the book of Arsenal’s decline and rebirth
For the game between Liverpool and Norwich we had ref Walton in charge. His final score can be found here
|15||OTHER||Suarez||C||Suarez goes down from the heavy breathing of a defender 1 meter away. Ref doesn’t fall for it||1||1|
|30||OFFSIDE||Liverpool||C||Close but correct||1||1|
|30||YELLOW||Kuyt||NC||Protest very wild and loud. Should not be allowed like that||0||0|
|32||OTHER||Tierney||Downing||C||Tackle from behind||1||1|
|32||YELLOW||Tierney||C||Rash tackle from behind||1||2|
|35||OTHER||Gerrard||Norwich||NC||Trip and tackle from behind||0||0|
|46||OTHER||Norwich||Suarez||C||Ref gave advantage when Suarez was fouled seconds before Bellamy could score||1||1|
|48||OTHER||Downing||Tierney||C||Frontal sliding tackle||1||1|
|48||YELLOW||Downing||NC||Should have been punished with a yellow card. Dangerous tackle||0||0|
|53||YELLOW||Bellamy||NC||Should have been punished with a yellow card. Totally unnecessary challgenge||0||0|
|74||OTHER||Norwich||Suarez||NC||Push not given||0||0|
|78||OTHER||Skrtel||Norwich||NC||Holding his opponent by the arm||0||0|
|78||OTHER||Johnson||Adam||C||Push in the back||1||1|
|79||OTHER||Tierney||Suarez||NC||Tierney sticks out a leg at Suarez who, as usual goes down in a split second. Ref gives nothing. Was a foul||0||0|
|79||RED||Tierney||NC||Suarez could have been on his own on goal. Should have been red||0||0|
|81||OFFSIDE||Liverpool||NC||Suarez takes the shot that goes wide||0||0|
|85||OTHER||Holt||Carragher||NC||Both players in with a high foot. Carragher caught Holt more than the other way round||0||0|
|86||PENALTY||Adam||Barnett||C||Barnett is first to the ball, the two players clash but the ball was won first and the players just ran in to each other||1||3|
|89||OTHER||Carragher||Holt||NC||Push in the back not given||0||0|
|89||OTHER||Holt||Liverpool||NC||Holt chases his opponent and pushes him also, again nothing given||0||0|
|90||OTHER||Skrtel||Holt||NC||Drags him to the ground||0||0|
|90||OTHER||3 min extra time||C||Reasonable||1||1|
|94||OTHER||Martin||Caroll||NC||Looked a fair duel to me||0||0|
|2nd half score|
|Correct calls||For Liverpool||11||42,31%|
|Total correct calls||26|
|Wrong calls||Against Liverpool||5||35,71%|
A good first half was followed by a not so good second half. Almost no wrong calls in the first half with only 2 and they favoured Liverpool. He couldn’t keep it up in the second half and made a lot of wrong calls.
He missed a foul on Suarez which should have cost Norwich a red card for Tierney. But I guess that is in a way the penalty Suarez and Liverpool are paying for the fact that Suarez goes down a bit easily. I think Suarez could have a great future in Spanish football where they fall for such things.
I also thought it amazing that the ref didn’t blow for the end of the game when the extra time had gone. There was one substitution in the extra time and then you can count another 30 seconds. But with 93min50seconds the ball was at the feet of Reina in the Liverpool penalty area. So no need for the ref to let the game continue as the extra 30 seconds had been gone. He let the game carry on and Liverpool almost scored in those extra 1min35seconds.
- REFEREES: 30% of all important decisions are wrong. But is it a first half/second half thing?
- WENGER 3.0: Arsenal’s new approach is not rocket science; it’s far more complex than that.
- REF REVIEW: Everton 0 Man U 1. A game of two halves.
- FICK FUFA: How Fifa is stopping progress – an Untold exclusive
- FANS: What’s it like to feel so negative all the time?
- INJURIES: Things start to even out a little
- REF REVIEW: Man City 4 Aston Villa 1
Untold Arsenal – the (fairly) complete index
Untold Arsenal on Facebook here
- Untold History…Untold Media … Untold Ref Reviews …
- Untold Economics … Untold Corruption … Untold Wenger …
- Untold News … Untold Fifa … Untold Players … Untold Injuries
- Untold Statistics … Untold Tactics … Untold 2011/2 …
- Untold match reviews … Untold fans …
- Untold Stadia … Untold Literature …
- Untold humour …Arsenal History Society … “Making the Arsenal” …
- Untold Emirates … Arsenal Independent Supporters Association
- Manchester City accused of over 100 breaches of Premier League financial rules
- Every club now knows how to beat Arsenal (according to reports)
- Guardiola’s excuse for losing to Tottenham reveals the quality of Arsenal
- So it wasn’t so bad after all. Arsenal still five points clear with a game in hand
- WSL Round Up – West Ham v Arsenal Sunday 18:45