Jordan Henderson has suggested there should be a coronavirus players’ fund which encourages players to donate directly to NHS workers. But the media has swished that aside, refusing to give it much if any coverage in their desperate attempt not to ask “why?” and to attack football and footballers.
So why focus on Liverpool? First, because they are so hyped up by the media as the symbol of all that is wonderful in football, and second because in 2017-18 they achieved a world record pre-tax profit for a football club of £125m.
Of course other PL clubs cutting the jobs of lesser paid staff should be attacked as well. It is appalling and shows football in England at its lowest ebb and worst light.
- How can some clubs commit fouls with impunity while others get card after card?
- These days Arsenal players are taught not to tackle. Maybe they shouldn’t talk either.
- Why rule changes happen – but we never get the one rule change we need
- “Supercomputer” predicts just one away win for Arsenal this season
- Revealed: how the media campaigns constantly to stop Arsenal signing players