Arsenal thus have 15 players who are over 21 of whom two are home grown. So in this scenario we would be able to sign ten players but only four of whom who are of non-home-grown origins. The remaining six would have to be home grown.
The question is: could we find six home grown players we would like to sign for our first team? If not would it not be worthwhile keeping Hector Bellerin and Rob Holding? That would take us to 17 players of whom four are Home Grown.
We would then have vacancies for eight players, of whom four must be home grown assuming of course that we manage to keep Martin Ødegaard.
Either way the list below is our squad
|ENG||Bukayo Saka||U21 HG|
|Martin Ødegaard (on loan from Real Mad)||4|
|Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (captain)||6|
|ENG||Calum Chambers||10 HG|
|ENG||Emile Smith Rowe||13 HG|
|Granit Xhaka (4th captain)||14|
|ENG|| Folarin Balogun (under 21)
Which raises the question of how do we integrate eight new players at once into the squad? And since by common consent of the bloggers and journalists we need these new players because the rest of not good enough, how are we going to afford all these players when we are going to be getting low prices for our not-good-enough players?
So our income will be small but we will need to be buying eight new players, four of whom come with the premium cost of being English, and all of whom will cost more than we will get from our players.
It’s going to be a tough summer.
The proof that something is seriously wrong with football refereeing and reporting
- Results from crowdless games are different from those with crowds. Why?
- How even a serious science magazine has used fake data on football
- Someone is trying to fake football stats – and doing it rather well,
- Crowdless stadia stats reveal fallacy of PGMO claims
- Proving unconscious bias by referees
- How clubs manipulate referees through their tactics
- Referees are not 98% accurate but only 75% accurate
- The stupidest thing said about Arsenal this week
- WSL North London Derby – reflections on the game at the Emirates
- Arsenal have not got the youngest team in the PL. Or have they?
- Arsenal are the most fouled team in the Premier League. Why?
- Partey setback, AFC man hauled off, new C Ronaldo signing, Arteta desperate