By Sir Hardly Anyone
As Untold has been showing over recent days, the Arsenal statistics have been sensational of late, leaving the rampant raging negativists with nothing to do except say you can prove anything with statistics.
But as we have seen, even they are getting desperate, with the Guardian reduced to quoting a blog that hasn’t been published for 18 months, and the rest of the media simply telling us Arsenal have been useless, without any reference to the stats. Stats which show Arsenal having multiple top performers in the past month of the season, and a brilliant team run since Christmas.
But still the media carry on, which is why we now have…
Insult of the day: “Neto, meanwhile, has been linked with Arsenal by Mundo Deportivo, and could be a useful addition to Mikel Arteta’s struggling side.” (Caught Offside). In what sense have Arsenal been struggling since Christmas? They don’t tell us.
Player of the day: Emiliano Buendia (pictured) whom everyone is talking about his transfer to Arsenal. He scored 15 goals in 39 games for Norwich last season in the Championship, but (what no mention is made of) one goal in 36 the season before. That season was in the Premier League. His career figures are
|Cultural Leonesa (loan)
The rather finely named Cultural Leonesa is a Spanish second division club.
Thought for the day: Yves Bissouma and Pepe “interacted” in the final match, suggesting a move to Arsenal.
Nice tribute of the day, from The National News “Newcastle United 2020/21 season ratings: Joe Willock 9, Steve Bruce 5, Joelinton 3”
So here is the updated list of players coming in… (FL = Football London)
|Current club (Loan)
|Africa Football, Express, TBR, HITC
|Daily Mail, Metro, FL, Boot Room, Sportslens, HITC, TBR, Teamtalk, Telegraph, F365, FoLo
|Lyon (At. Madrid)
|Daily Express, HITC
|Just Arsenal News
|HITC, Just Arsenal News (twice)
And the list of players we are about to lose (according to “reports”)
|Runar Alex Runarsson
|Not staying at Schalke
|Wants to leave
|Not staying at WBA
|MLS or Chelsea
Finally the returning loanees who might return to Arsenal’s team next season
|Where he’s been
|What happened; what next
|Fell out with new manager after a good start
|Ainsley Maitland Niles
|West Bromwich Al
|Club relegated but reports of AMN very positive. But has desire to play midfield not full back.
|Did v. well after initial injury. Likely to stay on loan
|After injury played well and expected to return to AFC
|Won the League in Spain, wants to return to Boca Juniors
|The star of the show. Youngest ever player to score in seven consecutive PL games, and Newcastle’s equal top scorer in this regard (equal to Shearer)
Transfers, Arsenal and the media – the latest tales
- The absolute proof that Arsenal has turned itself around. Now to avoid the danger.
- Using a defunct blog to knock the Arsenal: the media sinks lower still
- What happens to Arsenal if the media get their way?
- How 8 Arsenal players swept to the top 20 table in Europe this month
- How the Daily Mail’s war against Arsenal treats fans as Neanderthals
- How much money does a club have to spend to get to the top of the PL?
- Is the Premier League getting more exciting or simply ever more predictable?
- How far down might these points deducations take clubs?
- Big clubs that foul less lose fewer players of their own to injury
- What takes clubs up and down the league: attack or defence?
- Referee Extremism: the situation in Spain and in England